Things to do in Houston
From world-class architecture to one of the most multi-cultural dining scenes in the country, experience what makes Houston so desirable to locals and tourists alike.
Whether you're in town for business or on a family vacation, Houston is home to a variety of activities including golf, museums and exhibits, nature trails, and a vast array of dining and shopping locations that will keep your interests piqued.
After a day on the town, kick back and relax at our on-site restaurant Upper Kirby Tap Room or with a Best Brew®.
You'll find plenty of things to do in Houston during your stay at Four Points by Sheraton Houston Greenway Plaza. Some of our favorite places, perfect for families or business travelers, are highlighted below:
- Houston Zoo - Enjoy 55 acres of lush tropical landscape that is home to over 4,500 exotic animals at this top 10 zoo. Be sure to visit the Asian elephants, koalas, the reptile house and the tigers during your visit. On the first Tuesday of every month (September through May), afternoons are free to all visitors.
- Battleship Texas - Visit the last of the battleships to participate in both World War I and II, now permanently anchored in La Porte, TX. Battleship Texas was the first battleship memorial museum in the United States and is also the flagship of the Texas Navy.
- Space Center Houston - Explore the official visitor's center for NASA's Johnson Space Center. Wander through exhibits, attractions, and theaters created exclusively by Space Center Houston's creative team, and take a look inside the replica Explorer now on display.
- Bayou Wildlife Park - Get up close and personal with animals from all over the world. See over 60 species of wildlife over 86 acres of natural habitat where you can safely encounter animals you've never experienced before.
- Cypresswood Golf Club - Golf enthusiasts have the opportunity to visit Cypresswood Golf Club's Cypress, Creek, and Tradition courses. They have been voted "Best Places to Play" by Golf Digest and were designed by Keith Foster.
- Houston Pride Festival - The Houston Pride Festival® is a big celebration in Downtown Houston with an attendance of over 700,000 people every year from all over the world.
- Bishop's Palace - Make the short drive to Galveston to see Walter Gresham's famed stone and steel mansion. Considered one of the most significant Victorian residences in the nation, Bishop's Palace was designed by renowned architect Nicholas Clayton.
- Chase Tower - The JPMorgan Chase Tower is the tallest composite building in the world. It offers the highest public view of Houston in the Sky Lobby on the 60th floor, where you can view Reliant Stadium, the Galleria, and more.
- Rice Village - Known by locals as The Village, Rice Village is an eclectic mix of brand names and unique boutiques. Located near Rice University, The Village has more than 300 shops for you to peruse and plenty of great dining options.
- Airports - Four Points by Sheraton Houston Greenway Plaza is located approximately 30 minutes from George Bush Intercontinental Airport and 20 minutes from Houston Hobby Airport.
- Upper Kirby Neighborhood - Four Points by Sheraton Houston Greenway Plaza is located in the Upper Kirby Neighborhood offering a variety of unique boutiques, fine art, and new restaurants.
- Houston Baptist University - Check out the stunning 100-acre campus, located less than 8 miles from our hotel. Whether you're visiting one of the 3,000 students or are in town for a sports game, this is one attraction worth seeing.
- Lakewood Church - A large non-denominational church located 2 minutes down the street from the hotel. This popular church hosts over 43,000 attendees at its services each week.
- The Galleria Mall - Four Points by Sheraton Houston Greenway Plaza is located approximately 9 minutes from the largest mall in Texas. Get ready to explore more shops than you could ever imagine.
- Texas Medical Center - a short 10-minute drive from Four Points by Sheraton Greenway Plaza, Texas Medical Center is one of the largest medical centers in the world with facilities for patient care, science, and research.
In addition to these major highlights, be sure and check out these other attractions while in town:
- Rice University - 3 miles
- University of St. Thomas - 3.5 miles
- Texas Southern University - 4.5 miles
- University of Houston - 7.5 miles
- George R. Brown Convention Center - 4 miles